The Center for Family Health invites artists and photographers age 12 and up, working in all mediums, styles, and disciplines to submit images for consideration to display at our facilities in Jackson, Michigan in celebration of the Center for Family Health’s 30th anniversary.
Traditional, contemporary, avant-garde, creative and experimental works that include old and new processes are allowed. Contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers of all ages working with digital or traditional photography or combinations of both. The images will be evaluated by a jury. By submitting image(s) it becomes property of Center for Family Health if selected for display. Awards will consist of cash prizes. All featured artists and photographers will be invited to an opening reception (date to be determined).
Entry Fee: None
Extended deadline: January 20, 2022, 4 pm
Fill out the application at the bottom of this page to enter the contest!
- Artwork must be an original piece, completed solely by the participant.
- Artwork must include a description of the piece, name, and phone number of the person entering the competition. This information should be located on the back of artwork. Description should be 25 words or less.
- Media allowed includes pen, pencil, markers, paints, oils, charcoal, watercolors, canvas, and paper.
- Artwork can be framed.
- Artwork cannot be larger than 3’ x 3’ x 3’
- Artwork must have mechanisms attached so it can be hung.
- Artwork can be landscape, portrait, still life, abstract, etc.
- Sculptures are not acceptable for entry.
- Film or digital (black/white or color)
- Images can be in color, black and white, sepia tone, and duotone images. Photographs must include a description of the photo, name, and phone number of the person entering the competition. This information should be located on the back of the photograph. Description should be 25 words or less.
- Do not send negatives. When submitting digital images, a high-resolution file must be available if chosen as a winner.
- Digital images should be submitted in JPG format with a maximum size of 8meg. High-resolution files should be made with a camera with at least 3 megapixels. If this is not available, entry will be void and/or disqualified. Images will not be returned.
- Digital enhancement is permitted.
Restrictions: Obscene, provocative, violent, abusive, or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. Center for Family Health retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
Prizes: All prizes will be awarded. Limit one prize per person. Center for Family Health will notify the winners by email, U.S. mail, and telephone. The winners and prizes will be posted at centerforfamilyhealth.org.
- Ages 12-14, Ages 15-18 (1st place -$500, 2nd place – $250, 3rd place – $125)
- Ages 19 and up (1st place – $1,000, 2nd place – $600, 3rd place – $300)
Guidelines and Restrictions
Click on the button below to see the full list of guidelines and restrictions.
- All artwork submitted must be no more than 3’ x 3’ x 3’. Submissions should be received by Center for Family Health no later than January 20, 2022, at 4 pm. Submissions will not be accepted after 4 pm. Submissions of artwork is limited to one piece per applicant.
- Contestants must be 12 years of age and up. See further eligibility requirements under the Guidelines and Restrictions above.
- Contestants must be a resident within Jackson County, Michigan.
- Contestants shall upload photographic entries below.
- Identify photo file name as follows: (example) CFH 1 – Photo of Townsend Building.
- By entering this contest, applicants agree to the Center for Family Health Official rules.